Saturday, December 13, 2008

Adventure!

I'm sitting here this late because we are about to leave for an adventure. All Swedes know but my family doesn't know that tomorrow is a big happening, Lucia! I've explained it to you before sis. About 5 years ago when my inlaws still lived in our city we surprised them early in the morning with a Lucia Train as it's called here. We all got dressed in the traditional outfits (Lucia, Santa, Gingerbread cookie, and Star boy) and had the traditional donuts with us, and we sang the traditional songs for them. My mother in law especially was so touched she still talks about us doing that.
Now that they live so far away it's harder to do those things but since Lucia is on a Saturday this year we decided to make a huge adventure out of it. We are driving down to them, 450km!, and going to be there early in the morning and dress up and start singing outside there bedroom window! We can go in too because F has the keys but it's more of a feeling to stand out in the snow. We're leaving Andrew and Kyle at there dads on the way so we have to get going soon to make it in good time.

We are leaving for one night, home again on Sunday and this is all the stuff we are taking! This isn't even A och K's stuff!


Gabriel, bless him, is doing some kind of montra here all day "I'm not going to fall asleep, I'm not going to fall asleep". He did take a nap after school and you better beleive he's still awake right now.

Bonus pic of the worlds cutest 1-year old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your adventure went well and was appreciated!