Saturday, November 08, 2008

Gross!

A wining insert but I can't help it. I'm sorry, certain things you have to teach your children, that's why we're parents! Everyday ethics is a given for me as a parent. Here's todays gripe!

Teach your kids to chew with there mouths closed!!

Andrew and I were at Burger King today and this boy across from me, maybe 9 years old or so, satt and chewed the whole time with his mouth wide open. I promise I could see down his throat around all the chewed up food!

I have started telling my kids from about 2-3 years of age to close there mouths when they chew. Explained why and so on. Yes it takes griping but come on, how hard is it? Like teaching them to brush there teeth or wash there hands after they use the bathroom.

I'm not surprised, just look at how many adults sitt and chew with there mouths open.

Around here I ask the older boys to leave my table if they can't show us others respect and close there mouths. Yukki!

1 comment:

loppran said...

Haha, we realized yesterday we seem to have been teaching the children this lesson better than we knew. In the sofa yesterday I asked Ivar a question but he just glanced at me and then back at the TV. "I´m eating crips" he declared. Nosy, but still he doesn´t speak with the mouth full. :)